Tobar an Léinn is a small 6 teacher primary school located in the village of Raheen, Co. Laois, Ireland.
Two firemen from Abbeyleix Fire Station, Bosco and Tom, came to visit us at Tobar on Léinn to teach us all about fire safety. We learned how to identify fire hazards and make our homes and schools safe from fire. We learned that we should never use appliances with exposed wires, always use proper candle holders and make sure that we put the spark-guard in front of the fire before going to bed. We also learned how important it is to have working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in our homes. We need to test them every week!
We participated in some fire drills before the mid-term break to practice fire safety in school. Every class practiced lining up quietly and using the various exits to get to the assembly points. We are very well prepared now if we ever hear the fire alarm!